For your next online course
Writing a sales page is your most significant opportunity to show your audience why your course is so valuable and life-changing. Great copy is power.
It connects you to your audience + gets the cash flow flowin’.
So, congrats to you – for being right here, right now.
Friendly disclaimer about sales pages: People don’t care about your product. They just don’t! All they care about is if you can solve their problem.
Here’s what I mean:
Nobody goes to the tire shop because they want to buy new all-season tires.
What they really want is to keep their family safe this winter.
Case in point: Focus on the result. Remove the spotlight from you and place it on the pain points and desires of your ideal client. This is your opportunity to highlight the benefits that your course will provide them.
I’m going ahead and ASSUMING you’ve already completed your in-depth research. You understand every pain point, fear, frustration, and desire of your reader. You know exactly what inspires them and feeds their soul. Bottom line – you know your reader like Mexico knows Patron.
Don’t take the research part lightly. When writing a sales page, I perform heavy market research including competitor analysis, data mining, + interviews with past & current clients. Ultimately, I am giving you a plug and play format, but if you haven’t done enough research, your new fancy all-season wheels will still give you a flat tire.
Ok – let’s jump in!
- OPEN WITH A BANG. Right off the get-go, you want your reader to land on your page and be CERTAIN they have come to the right spot. Start with a clear headline and subheadline – this is not the time to be cutesie or funny (a confused mind always says no). You only have a few seconds to peak interest and hook them in. Use power words – or ask them a provoking question that gives them #AllTheFeels.
- Psssstt – Calling all _______ looking to _______
- Discover the Exact, Step-by-Step Plan to Become a _______
- The Critical Lessons you Need to Master _______
- IGNITE THEIR IMAGINATION. Gently prompt your reader to picture how brilliant their life can be! What results are your readers’ craving?
- What if you could _______
- How would it feel if _______
- Imagine _______
- RELATE TO THEIR PROBLEM. This section is the all-important emotional connection. Use the exact language that your prospect would use by targeting their core frustrations. This step not only makes them feel like you can read their mind, but it weeds out people who aren’t your target client (If they can’t relate, then this isn’t for them!) Remember that the most effective copywriting starts in your readers head, not yours.
- Are you sick of _______
- Are you frustrated by _______
- Does the thought of _______ make you _______
- TWIST THE KNIFE. THEN TWIST A LIL’ MORE. Now that you’ve related to their problem, we want to agitate these open wounds. Bring your readers’ struggles to light and highlight why they have yet to be solved.
- You have tried to _______ before and failed
- Your right: _______ and _______ all come with a slew of problems
- Even if you _______ you still need to_______
- OVERCOME OBJECTIONS. People naturally talk themselves out of big purchases. In this section, you want to confirm their feelings, but crush their fears immediately. Let them know that even though their hesitations are very real, they are not unique.
- Even though you have had trouble with _______ did you know that _______
- You can have a life of freedom and flexibility while still _______
- Many have found that with implementing _______ they can increase revenue by _______ in _______ months
- PROOF. Why are you the expert that your readers should be turning to? Explain to your audience that you were once where they were – relate to them by explaining your story as an attractive character. Oooh but look at you now, rockstar;)
- Five short years ago I was exactly where you were. I _______
- I am proof that _______
- In the last _______ months, I have created xx successful _______, and I want to help you do the very same.
- INTRODUCE YOUR OFFER – It’s now time to introduce your hard work to the world. This intro should come about ⅓ the way down your page. Explain WHAT your offer is, WHO it’s for, and HOW it will change their life. Remember, you are not explaining the outline here – you are still focused on why they need it. Carve out how your service is different than every other product on the market!
- Introducing_______, The 5 step program to…
- Introducing _______: The course designed to _______
- The _______system to catapult you to _______
- THE NITTY GRITTY OF YOUR COURSE. Here is where you can #HumbleBrag about every raving aspect of your course! Detail out exactly what’s inside your offer – the outline, the specifics, and the outcomes.
- Here’s exactly how this course unfolds:
- Here are the specific modules and outcomes: _______
- TESTIMONIALS. Either blast these baby’s into an entire section, or sprinkle throughout your page. Just don’t throw them around all willy-nilly, okay? Place them with purpose! Make sure they line up with what you’re talking about. For example: Don’t insert a testimonial about what a great motivational speaker you are directly below your 30-day guarantee. Use different colors or bold sections to emphasize and highlight fragments of your testimonial.
- Is your course brand-spankin’ new, with no testimonials? If so, create a brief satisfaction survey in Typeform and send it to past clients, grabbing any positive quotes and using it as a testimonial (with their permission!)
- FAQ SECTION. Get into the mind of your customer and flush out all the reasons they may not buy. The reason for a sales page is to get people to take action, so here’s your chance to diminish any lingering hesitations. Get comfortable with voicing their concerns. If your course is more expensive than others – state it AND explain why yours is better!
- If you’re concerned that _______, know that (solution)
- PRICE POINT- Now that your readers are all primed – they are ready to hear their investment. Deliver this information clearly – Is it a one-time payment or 6 installments? Is it in USD, AUS, or CAD?
- BONUSES. These golden nuggets can bring your offer to next-level status. Once you reveal the price, inundate them with more value. Detail out every bonus, and feed them with value, value, value!
- In addition to _______, you will receive:
- Bonus #1, Bonus #2, Bonus #3
- GUARANTEE. People need one last push to buy. A solid guarantee will help with this. The more dramatic the guarantee, the better chance they will convert. If you’re confident in your offer, then this should be a simple move! This is a great way to differentiate yourself from the competition, too.
- What if I purchase _______ and am not happy with the results? No problem!
- Take the next xx days to dive into the curriculum, meet everyone in the FB group, and experience _______. And if you don’t believe this course will _______ than you will receive 100% full money back
- Buy now and test it for the next _______ days. I am confident it will _______. And if you don’t agree then _______
- CLEAR CALL TO ACTION. We all need a lil’ hand-holding sometimes – give your reader clear instructions to the path you want them to take. This may be as simple as, ‘Enroll Now!’ Guide your reader down your funnel and help them say yes to your brilliance. Layer your Buy Now button 2-3x at the bottom. Remember, your readers are here to buy – make it simple for them to do so.
- Go from _______ to _______ in xx days!
- Reserve your seat today for only $xx!
- Abandon the dream of _______, for the actual reality of it with your course name
- SCARCITY. Is it a limited time offer? Will the price go up? Are only a certain amount of seats available? Whatever your scarcity tactic may be, make sure it is truthful. A great way to break trust is saying your offer ends one night and it’s still live on your site days later.
- Early bird pricing will end on _______
- The first 24 people to purchase will receive _______
- This is what you’ll miss by not enrolling right now: _______
- RECAP. Reiterate your full offer in a quickly summarized section. Not only do we need a lil’ hand holding, but we’re lazy, too. Don’t make readers scroll back up to re-read what they’re getting (this takes them further away from the purchase button). A simple bullet list will outline and recap ALL that is included.
- To summarize this remarkable offer, you will receive:
- For one payment of xx, you will immediately gain access to:
- This means, by purchasing now, you will _______
- POWERFUL CLOSING STATEMENT. Your future clients are giving you the opportunity to inspire and uplift them. By reading your sales page in its entirety means they need your help. So end this with a ‘mic-drop’ statement. Make sure your page aligns with your vision, mission, and WHY you created your offer in the first place. Being true to yourself is the most rewarding way to make money. (And hearing that constant ding-ding-ding on your phone from Paypal notifications feels soooo damn good!)
- What’s standing in YOUR way from _______
- How can _______ make the difference in your life
- How will your life change when you _______
There you are, friend! Use this step-by-step sales page swipe copy for your very next course launch. Upon reviewing your page, make sure it aligns with your vision, mission, and WHY you created your course in the first place. Being true to yourself is the most rewarding way to make money.
Consider this your gentle, loving reminder to commit.
Commit to yourself.
To your business.
To the people you’re here on this earth to serve.
You CAN write this sales page!
Want all this goodness wrapped up in a swipe file with a pretty boy?
GRAB IT HERE:
Shoot me an email at email@example.com for any additional support, review, or strategy along the way.